What exactly IS boudoir photography?
- In French, the boudoir is defined as a lady’s bedroom or private dressing area. Boudoir photos reveal the inner secrets of the lady’s room as she poses in sexy, suggestive, or sensual ways. The photos are rarely X-rated – nudity is usually implied rather than overt, and your modesty can be protected with props or creative posing.
Who should get a boudoir shoot?
- At Vivian’s Muse, our retreat experiences are designed to empower every woman. Every muse walks away with a renewed sense of beauty and confidence.
Who will be my photographer?
- Julia Vie, the studio owner and sole photographer at Vivian’s Muse. Occasionally, she may include a female photography intern, but never without your prior knowledge or consent.
How much does it cost?
- Pricing can vary and depend on the length of the shoot, how many looks/sets you’d like to include and what products you’d like to purchase. Packages are customizable from as little as a teaser-style shoot ($220) to the ultimate in luxury ($6,000).
How long will the shoot last?
- Anywhere from 30 minutes to eight hours. It all depends on the number of looks and steps you choose to include in your experience.
What do I get with my photo shoot?
- At minimum, each 30-minute shoot includes personalized coaching before and during the shoot, 5 varying poses in the set, 30 proofs to view and 2 digital files. Additional experiences and photography packages are available to add on from there.
What if I want to add another set or outfit?
- Photography session packages are customizable, and packages can be designed to suit your needs. Prices will vary depending on how many outfits, backdrops, props and poses are used and how much time we spend capturing the photos.
When do I get to see and choose my photos?
- Sometimes we offer same-day gallery viewing, but it depends on the schedule. Usually, you will make a second appointment approximately one week following your photo shoot to sneak a peek and discuss your options.
What if I want to buy an album, prints or get a CD?
- You will make your order at the time of the gallery viewing. You can visit the Products link on the “How it Works” page of our website prior to your gallery date to make a deposit for any item in our product line. Payment is due in full at the time of order. However, payment plans can be arranged. We don’t want you to walk away without evidence of just how amazing you are!
What should I wear?
- When selecting your wardrobe for your boudoir session, the best choices are always those that make you FEEL sexy and secure in your own body. Whether this means racy lingerie or just panties and a plain white button down shirt, you’ll always look your best when you feel comfortable and confident. However, it can also be fun to be adventurous and be someone else for a day. . . Check out our Pinterest boards for some fun and exciting ideas.
- Quick Tips for what to bring along: •something white •something black •something in a bright color to mix and match with the above •a corset to create sexy curves •in addition to lingerie/clothing selections, don’t forget about shoes and jewelry! It’s also helpful to schedule a phone or in-studio consultation with Julia before the shoot to answer any styling questions you may have.
Where does the shoot take place?
- Vivian’s Muse invites you to our new studio that has a vibrant, powerful energy and is filled with natural light. Beautiful antiques, opulent draperies, and unique art adorn our space. With an onsite boutique, elegant parlor and soothing meditation/yoga room, it’s so much more than a regular photography studio. Visit our “Studio” page to learn more about the space and special retreat experiences we now offer.
Do you have props? Can I bring my own?
- Of course! We have pearls, gloves, boots, sexy heels, and a few surprises! Feel free to bring along anything you have that you feel might accentuate your new, sexy look!
What about hair and make-up?
- Professional hair and makeup are definitely recommended as we use high quality, professional lighting set-ups that can wash out “regular” makeup applications. Vivian’s Muse has an exclusive relationship with Milk & Honey Salon on Guadalupe Street in Austin. We would be happy to make an appointment for you, or you may schedule on your own. Making arrangements to visit your personal stylist is also an option. Please allow at least 2 hours for hair/makeup application. Don’t want to be late for your special day!
Should I go tanning before my shoot?
- In our professional opinion, no. Some tanning applications can become orange, and that will not look natural in your photos. Although Julia is a master at retouching, attempting to make a bad tan look natural will be very expensive.
I’m a little nervous. I don’t know how to be sexy in front of a camera.
- Nearly everyone on their quest to become a Vivian’s Muse has had this worry, but Julia is a wonderful photographer and will coach you every step of the way. Look at the lovely ladies in our Gallery. They weren’t models either, but you’d never know it by how beautiful, strong and confident they look.
Do you retouch?
- Yes, all photos are retouched in order to enhance your true, natural beauty.
Do you photograph full-figured girls?
- Of course! We photograph ANY woman because EVERY woman is gorgeous! Please don’t wait until “you lose a few pounds”. Your photos will prove that you are sexy and feminine just the way you are!
What about brides?
- Absolutely – we love to shoot brides and can do location shoots, pre-wedding as a gift to your partner, morning after “bride-and-groom” shoots, or whatever you want to make your wedding day (or night!) the most special of your life.
Do you shoot nudes or couples?
- Julia’s number one goal is to make you happy so whatever your style, interests, or desire, she can help you capture it on film. If this means couples together or completely nude, then that’s what you get.
Just how sexy should I go?
- Julia’s mission is for you to walk away empowered and with the perfect photos to mark the occasion. As long as you are comfortable and confident with your attire, props and poses, you are welcome to be as sexy as you desire!
Can I bring a friend?
- Some muses are more comfortable with an encouraging friend nearby. As long as your friend respects the shooting area and sticks to positive, encouraging support while we shoot, they are very welcome to attend.
Can I book a shoot with a friend?
- It is possible to book shoots at the same time. However, with just Julia shooting the photos, shoots such as this are booked back-to-back.
What day’s can I book?
- Shoots are typically booked Thursdays to Saturdays. We offer morning, afternoon and some evening sessions. All times must be reserved with a $200 deposit at the time of booking to guarantee your requested appointment time.
What’s your cancellation policy?
- To receive a full refund of your deposit, you must cancel no less than seven (7) days prior to your shoot date. If you need to reschedule, we request 48 hours and cannot guarantee that the dates/times you want will be available.
Will you use my photos on your website, Facebook page, or in any other promotional materials for your studio?
- Absolutely not. If you are interested in helping our business grow by sharing your photos on our social media sites, you may do so by signing a model release form. We also offer 2 complimentary digital files to any muse who signs this release.
There are several boudoir studios in the Austin area. Why should I choose Vivian’s Muse?
- A note from Julia Vie: As an artist and woman, I am constantly rewriting the history of my own future by living in the “now” and remaining ever-focused on accomplishing my dreams – and I love sharing that strategy with others. I’m so incredibly blessed to have wonderful friends and family who love and support me, along with a bevy of beautiful muses who keep me inspired and excited to come to work every day.
- I cater to women from all walks of life – housewives, single ladies, newly divorced, women fighting cancer, the battered and broken, the curviest and even the fetishists. I’ll shoot whatever you want. Each shoot is special, designed to bring out your very best and leave you with an incredible set of photos and a renewed sense of confidence that will last you a lifetime.
- I’ve recently expanded my services to provide styling and life coaching – a natural evolution for Vivian’s Muse, which is completely centered around helping clients feel good and improve all aspects of their lives.
- Take this opportunity to discover who you are, what you want, and the beautiful life you’re destined to live! I will give you an extraordinary experience that you’ll remember for the rest of your life, and leave you with a final product that you can be proud to share with your friends and/or loved ones.
Let’s Do This! All my questions are answered and I’m ready!
- Send us an email at email@example.com or give us a call at 888-988-MUSE.
- We look forward to creating a boudoir experience that you will never forget!